Monday, February 18, 2008

Speed blogging

I have a very short amount of time before I have to leave to go talk with Mary, which is already uncomfortable and I'm not even sitting across from her yet. I know the subject matter tonight, and it's not something I'm looking forward to, yet in a strange sense I am. I think that means I'm doing the right thing.

So since I am limited on time, this is me speed blogging. Completely stream-of-consciousness, beginning with Britney. One of my quirks is a slight fascination with celebrity lives and America's Next Top Model. I really wish that more than cycle one was available on DVD. You will notice that ElyseSewell is a blog on my "Required Reading" list-- yes, that would be Elyse Sewell, finalist of cycle one. I found her blog. Is that pathetic? I think not. But back to Britney. My former roommate K-Smeltz and I have often talked of a need to drive out to Hollywood and just demand to be her friend. We are both convinced that what she needs right now is a really good friend who will love her no matter what. I wonder a lot where she will be in ten years... I can only imagine the E! True Hollywood Story and what she will have to say about this tumultuous period in her life.

Being a celebrity. When I was younger I wanted to be famous, but the older I get I'm kind of more convinced that it's not all it's cracked up to be. People can't take being worshiped for very long-- it's too much for a human to bear, you know?

Last night Joshua and I watched Born Into Brothels and Motherland Afghanistan. Both of us were left unsettled. Maybe it was the realization that we live in a luxurious bubble and it's sad.

I am a vegetarian, but currently not a very good one. I'm thinking of instituting a Raw Rule-- only raw foods before dinner, or something. I need more fresh fruits and veggies in my diet. I've developed a really bad habit of eating Ruffles and ranch dip for dinner. Is that symptomatic of something?

Have I mentioned that I seem to have an addictive personality? In 2007 I gave up all soda, and now that 2008 has arrived, I quickly slipped back into Coca Cola's toxic hold. I am going to have to go cold turkey again, I know it. No balance.

What's the most balanced thing in your life?

It's certainly not my diet. I can't really think of much about me that is balanced at the moment. I seem to be very extreme-oriented. Something else to put on the list.

I want to hear from you folks out there who read my blog. If you have a gmail account, or a blog on blogspot, you can easily leave a comment, but I've also enabled anonymous commenting. And I believe if you are a LJ user, you can leave a comment with your LJ identity.

So tell me what's good-- what we've got in common. It's feeling a little lonely in here.

I better go. Stream of Conscious dammed.

No comments: