Monday, December 1, 2008

Back again!

So sorry for the week-long absence...

'Twas a whirlwind trip to Florida and I think I could use a vacation upon my return to Asheville. You know how it goes.

Highlights of the trip include:
. spending time with my mom and dad .
. a meal at the Cheesecake Factory .
. a visit to the beach .
. seeing my sister-in-love .
. meeting all of my beloved's family and being announced as the wife-to-be .
. an afternoon with my grandparents and listening to stories about the Shades of Weehawken .
. decorating my parents' home for Christmas .
. Joshua asking for (and receiving) my father's blessing for us to get married .
. inheriting a beautiful engagement ring .
. lunch on the St. Petersburg pier with two of our best friends .

Although this will seem backward after what you just read, Joshua and I are still not engaged. I would really like to be asked, and he would really like to ask me. You know, the proposal where he gets down on one knee. :) So I suppose that will be coming up sometime soon. And then I will get to post pictures of the beautiful ring that was my Nana's.

Hopefully I will wake up tomorrow in a winter wonderland. Snow expected.

XOXO.

5 comments:

Jules said...

Awww thats so exciting!!! :D :D

Unknown said...

AAHHH!! I'm so excited!!!!!

yay! yay! yay!!!

Mrs. LC said...

WOW that is so exciting!!! Ross and I knew we were going to be married WAY before we were, before we even started dating actually. :) And I don't remember, but I think I knew he had the ring before he proposed, lol. I'm so excited for you!!!

Becka Robinson said...

Aw, that's exciting Meggie Moo. Nate's sister kept calling me "Aunt Becka" to her boys at Thanksgiving and my heart was all aflutter. My ex-in laws never gave me that title.

Anonymous said...

I could totally hear you saying those words as I read them and could see the sly grin on your face...so exciting! :-)

Sarah H