Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Ode to a Year

♫JANUARY♫

1. Who kissed you on New Year's?
That would be Joshua Geiger... New Year's 2008... I was freaking out because my roommate threw a party and I didn't know anyone and I kind of had a panic attack, so I ran away to Josh's house and spent an evening watching movies with him and Michelle.

2. Did you have a New Year's resolution this year?
I had a list of 31. I think the only one I accomplished was carving a pumpkin.

3. Does it snow where you live?
Once in awhile.

4. Do you like hot chocolate?
Yes. :)

5. Have you ever been to Times Square to watch the ball drop?
No, but that would be fun, I think, with the right people in tow.

♫FEBRUARY♫

1. Who was your Valentine?
Joshua Geiger, and it was the most amazing Valentine's Day ever.

2. When you were little did you buy Valentine's for the whole class?
Yes, but it always made me nervous.

3. Do you care if the groundhog sees its shadow or not?
No... but probably come March I will.

4. Something special in February?
Valentine's Day is fun.

♫MARCH♫

1. Are you Irish?
A quarter.

2. Do you wear green every Year on St. Patrick's Day?
I always forget, but I like to pinch.

3. What did you do for St. Patty's Day in 2008?
I don't remember... but I do think I forgot to wear green.

4. Are you happy when winter is pretty much over?
Yes, but I'm always antsy waiting for it to get here too.

5. Something special in March?
Both of my parents' birthdays are in March... two days apart... and then in another two days is my grandmother and cousin's birthday.

♫APRIL♫

1. Do you like the rain?
I love it. All kinds of rainy days... slow and soft rain, big torrential thunderstorms... bring it on!

2. Did you play an April Fools joke on anyone this year?
No.

3. Do you get tons of candy on Easter?
Not really anymore :(

4. Do you celebrate 4/20?
Nope.

5. Something special in April?
My grandpa's birthday.

♫MAY♫

1. What is your favorite flower?
Roses, preferably red ones.

2 Anything special in May?
Well, from 2009 it will be my WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!!! (May 16 is the official date.)

3. Finish the phrase "April showers..."
... bring May flowers.

4. Do you celebrate May 16th:
I don't know why this date is special for other people, but it's going to be my wedding anniversary.


♫JUNE♫

1. Did you do anything fun during this month?
Let's see... in June 2008 I was horribly depressed because Joshua was gone to India and I was having a really difficult time being alone in Asheville. But God did amazing things that summer in me, so even though it wasn't fun, it was worth it.

2. Have a favorite baseball team?
No.

♫JULY♫

1. Did you go on any vacations?
I went to Myrtle Beach, SC to visit Michelle... and Dacia and Jessy came up to visit me for a weekend.

2. Do you blast the A/C all day?
Eh, it's not too bad up here.

♫AUGUST♫

1. Did you do anything special at the end of your summer?
Joshua Geiger came home from India and it was the most wonderful, anticipated moment ever.

3. Did you have a sunburn?
I think it's impossible to get a sunburn in North Carolina.

4. Did you go to the pool a lot?
Nope. I haven't been in a pool since I don't even remember.

5. Anything special happen in August?
God totally rearranged our lives for us. That's always awesome. :)

♫SEPTEMBER♫

1. Will you be attending college/school?
I'm done with school for the time being.

2. Do you like fall better than summer?
After being here for both of those seasons this year, I realize what an impossible choice that is. Summertime... swimming at waterfalls and swimming holes... hiking... splashing in creeks... fireflies... blueberry picking. Autumn... beautiful foliage... apple cider... first hint of cold weather... yes, an impossible decision.

3. What did you do on September 11th?
I have no idea.

♫OCTOBER♫

1. What was your last Halloween costume?
The last time I dressed up for Halloween, I was a chubby bumble bee and very cute.

2. What is your favorite candy?
M&Ms

3. Whose birthday is this month?
October... Michelle!

4. What is your favorite thing about this month?
I think carving pumpkins will be my new favorite thing about October. Something I hadn't done before this year.

♫NOVEMBER♫

1. Whose house do you go to for Thanksgiving?
Joshua's family's house in Melbourne... it was fun meeting everyone and being announced as the wife-to-be.

2. Whats best about this month?
Autumn is in its full glory in the mountains here. Thanksgiving!

3. What are you thankful for?
Everything Jesus did in me and in my life this year. Being 137 days away from marrying the love of my life. Friends, family, and fun memories.

4. Do you love stuffing?
Yessssss... I really don't think there is a better bite than turkey, gravy, stuffing and cranberry sauce all together... mmmmmmmmm...

♫DECEMBER♫

1. Do you celebrate Christmas?
Yes!

2. What is December 1st, 2007?
The day the Christmas countdown begins. Carols are totally playing 24/7.

3. Have you ever been kissed under the mistletoe?
No. Still! :(

4. Get anything special last year?
Joshua spent a lot of his hard earned money to buy me an iPod.

5. What do you want this year?
Well, it's a little late for that, isn't it? I think I got everything on my list, actually.

6. Do you like cold weather?
Love it!

________________________________________________________________

Well, I'm working on my 101 in 1001 list (it's sort of a resolution thing), but it won't be completed tonight. I'll share the gist and the list with you soon. Maybe it will inspire you to do your own!

Happy New Year, everyone!

No comments: