Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Hobbit feet


Today was a gardening day again, after about a week of rain. It was still raining today, but Joshua and I darted out between rain showers until it finally let up for a good period of time and the sun peeked out every now and again. I have been grumbling about the rain for days because we have a clay-based soil and I was pretty certain the pounding of the rain was going to compact all that I had spent hours endlessly raking into one giant hard clod of clay. Much to my surprise, I discovered that the rain had actually helped our soil composition and it was a dream to work in. "Life lessons in the garden" has become a common utterance already... this life lesson was, even when circumstances make you think that God might possibly be flushing your life down the toilet, He really is working things out for the best for you.

I decided to go barefoot in the garden today and the result was feet that resemble Frodo Baggins' very own. Haha-- a funny thought-- I went for about four months without shaving this winter... just think if I hadn't shaved yet I would have definitely been like a hobbit!

Next week is the week of my wedding, how impossible is that to believe. I've only been dreaming of what this day will be like since I was seven.

Can't wait can't wait can't wait.

No comments: