Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A new year

Yesterday was my 24th birthday. I love new beginnings... Mondays, the first of the month, New Year's. Birthdays might be my favorite new beginning, simply because they are inherently personal.

Joshua and I just got back from a long weekend in Florida visiting my parents. We spent time with them and some good friends, playing hard and seriously relaxing. It was a really good trip for me because it afforded some well-needed perspective and was a realignment for the next year of my life. My personality type is constantly reevaluating goals for self-improvement and so this was right up my alley.

Right now I'm in the office... rain is falling softly outside. All the windows are open and it's a soothing sound. Peaceful, quieting. I woke up strangely optimistic and joyful today... probably the after-effects of feeling centered, more confident and at peace with myself.

Yesterday I started a 365days project on Flickr which I hope to do to chronicle my 24th year in images. If you are interested you can follow the progression here.

Joshua and I have also started a joint blog called Keeping Up with the Geigers. Our audience is our family members who are spread out all over the country, so that they can see what we're up to since we are notoriously bad at phone calls. Anyone is welcome to read, though. It will be more informative than the deep ponderings of Megan's heart, which some might prefer, haha. Check it out.

What have you all been up to? I've been pretty absent from the blogosphere for the past six months or so, I have some catching up to do. I'll be doing the rounds and visit your blogs soon, promise.

No comments: