Saturday, October 17, 2009

Autumnal

Autumn has arrived, complete with gusty cold winds that send golden leaves swirling through the air and bright blue skies that simply cannot be rivaled. It just makes me happy.

Happy because my cheeks get rosy from stepping outside. Happy because it's wonderful weather for drinking my favorite french vanilla hot chocolate and mulling cider that I bought locally and spiced perfectly. Happy because I wore a scarf for the first time last week, one that was knitted for me by a loved one. Happy because we've piled our bed with blankets and are cold enough to snuggle together for warmth when we crawl underneath the covers at night. Happy because it's finally fireplace weather!

The foliage isn't at its peak yet, but it's a beautiful process. I am so grateful that I live here, and that nature declares the glory of God in such a breathtaking way, right outside my bedroom window.

Right now Joshua is learning to make herbal tinctures from our friend Vicki, and I'm sitting at her laptop, feeling cozy and content and hopeful. There's a teakettle boiling on the stove, and we just cleaned up dinner dishes, and there's a playful cat digging through a recyclable shopping bag at my feet. It's just one of those perfect atmospheres, you know?

I know. And I'm joyful. :)

1 comment:

Kak said...

So Megan, whatever happened to your 101 things list? How's that going? Update please.

PS--your mom makes me laugh hysterically and your dad's infinitely patient.