Saturday, June 12, 2010

Blog-worthy!


Today I ran my first race, the Oppenheimer Run for Kids' Sake 5K. I have been training for it since about the beginning of May, and it felt so good to cross that finish line today! I finished in 35:12 (although I'd like to just say 35:00 because the first 12 seconds were spent waiting to cross the starting line since I was in the back of the pack) and managed to place 2nd in my age group (I haven't found out exactly how many people were in the female 20-24 group yet... I'm going to laugh if it's like three or something). But it was so much fun! Running in North Carolina is not easy because of all of the hills... I definitely need to do some hill training. But I am super stoked about running more races this year, and my running buddy Deb and I really want to train for the Chicago Marathon in October 2011. Yay for crossing the finish line!

2 comments:

Mrs. T. said...

Hurray for you crossing the finish line!! In this summer heat that's really amazing. Great job!

ronald_aswandi said...

good luck frens