Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 21

Tomorrow begins week four... I can hardly believe that in a week I will have made it a month on this paleo journey.

Highlights: I had a cheat meal. We got some unexpected money to go on a date, and Joshua took me to Texas Roadhouse. I really, really, REALLY wanted to eat a yeast roll. So I did. Just one. I also had a Caesar salad (I stuck with steak and steamed veggies for dinner). The roll was actually really good. I didn't feel bad after eating it. The salad made me kind of queasy. Joshua and I got into an argument over my cheating... which turned into a very good discussion about addiction that we probably needed to have. Kind of ruined our date, though.

I don't regret my cheating behavior; I am actually pretty proud of myself that I didn't binge on bread. I could've done without the salad, but that roll was worth it. Bread still tastes good.

I'm back to good Challenge behavior. We've spent tonight cooking... pot roast, breakfast potatoes, broccoli, chicken... I am using coconut oil for the first time and I'm pretty excited about it. We also went shopping at Earth Fare yesterday and found some "paleo friendly" ice cream, made with organic coconut milk and agave nectar. The agave isn't really paleo allowed, but it's essentially the same as honey for me, and I have been dying for a good dessert. It's wonderful.

I have been leaning too heavily on potatoes... I need to ease up on that. But I've lost 7 lbs. in the past three weeks and I'm freaking proud of that.


No comments: