Thursday, January 13, 2011

poetry

Is anyone else amazed that January is almost half gone?

I wrote a poem. One of my goals is to write poetry. Notice there’s no adjective in there… it doesn’t have to be good poetry. Keep that in mind.

Starcomber

Last night I saw You
Walking among the stars
They moved softly around Your feet and parted before You
Like waves breaking around Your footsteps on the seashore.

You looked at me from Your place in the heavens
And with frank eyes You told me that I belong there, too
Why, You asked, am I so satisfied with the paltry baubles of this earth
When I was made to walk through stars with You?

That, I’m almost certain, is not good poetry. But meaningful to me.

2 comments:

SGRMSE. said...

i wish 2011 would fly by. i can't wait for june.

A Wanderer's Heart said...

What happens in June?