Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 52

Okay, I’ll be honest. Diet-wise I’m not doing so hot on my challenge. Since the “great recipe slump” and Joshua’s decision to get off the paleo diet (he wants to gain muscle mass and he just needs to eat more food—any food—to do so… the paleo diet was making him too lean), I have been struggling. Plus it’s Girl Scout cookie season. Can you feel my pain?

Overall, though, I feel good. Even though my diet hasn’t been “strictly paleo” it hasn’t been about overindulging, either. And our fridge is still stocked with fresh fruits and veggies, which I eat daily. Going out to eat has been the weakness. Still, I am sticking to my challenge. I’m not willing to give up this “you must eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, your skin is glowing!” complexion. And I’ve lost 10 lbs and have another 10 to go. So I’ll keep plugging away.

CFA this morn. It was SO hard to get out of bed… I literally almost crawled back under the covers while I was packing my gym bag. But, as always, the workout is worth it.

Strength/skill – Power clean and jerk. (Possibly my new favorite technique for getting weight overhead!) Worked up to a heavy single at 72#. The jerk was no problem at that weight, but the power clean was getting heavy and my elbows were getting slow.

Partner WOD! We had an uneven amount of people in our class this morning, so Joshua and I teamed up with a fellow named Jason. I worked while they rested, and they worked at the same time while I rested. I started again whenever the last one of them finished the round, but really they stayed neck and neck the whole time. It was fun to see synchronized box jumps going on.

15 minutes AMRAP:
12 kettlebell swings (18#)
8 box jumps (16#)
4 burpees
Switch off working/resting

We completed 13 rounds and 7 (or 8, depending on who’s score you want to use, Jason’s or Joshua’s) KB swings. Not bad! I finally figured out how to get the rhythm of box jumps down after watching Joshua through the first few rounds. That guy is smokin’ hot.

Also… as I have previously mentioned… I am walking the 3-Day in D.C. in September and today I met someone at CFA who has done the walk five times and is walking Chicago this year. She said that there is a great training group here in Asheville. Super excited to get hooked up with other people on the same journey!

No comments: