Monday, July 25, 2011

Rainstorms

Today I had planned to squeeze in a 3-mile walk right after work before we have some friends over for dinner this evening. The weather begs to differ.

When I left my office I stepped out into the most wonderful kind of rain-- the kind that makes you feel like you are in the shower, not the kind that leaves you feeling pelted and stung. It took the moan off of my lips about forgetting my umbrella in the car and I made my way through the parking lot enjoying the feeling of gentle, steady rain on a warm day. It became wildly more adventurous when I was driving home and the windows started fogging up and the power steering decided to intermittently give up on me. We don't have a knob to change the air flow in our car... we have a pair of needle-nose pliers that do the trick, but it's only something to be attempted at stop lights. Definitely not in the middle of a monsoon with foggy windows and no power steering and water dripping into your eyes and mussing up your glasses. Like I said, adventurous. But home safe and sound.

I'll have to make up my walk another day this week. But for now I'm going to go snuggle up somewhere before the company arrives and maybe let this rainstorm lull me into a nap.

Have I mentioned that I love rainy days?

No comments: