Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A New Year

When I started this blog, I had recently graduated from college (side note: my alma mater, University of Central Florida, is playing in the Fiesta Bowl tonight! Go Knights!) and moved from Florida to North Carolina. I liked the blog name "A Wanderer's Heart" because I like to think I possess something of a nomadic spirit and I certainly have an insatiable desire to learn about the world. 

Today is the first day of 2014 and I had a thought that I haven't had in a long while: I'd like to write a blog post today. And thinking about the title of my blog, I realized that while I still harbor romantic notions of a vagabond-ish life, the name has a deeper meaning for me now. Some of you may know the hymn, Come Thou Fount. One of the lyrics states: Prone to wander, Lord I feel it, prone to leave the God I love. That line has always resonated with me, along with the subsequent take my heart, Lord, take and seal it; seal it for Thine courts above. 

My spirituality has changed in the past six years as much as my life has. I tend to want to judge all the changes as "good" or "bad" but I think for now I will just let them exist and work themselves out over the next six years.

I'm becoming a mama to a little girl this year. Several people have asked me if I have resolutions for 2014, but really the only one that means anything to me is to have a healthy baby. Which I can only partially be resolute about, since I'm only partially responsible for the outcome. Partial resolutions suit me well. ;)

I am looking forward to this year. We are aiming to spend lots of time with family and enjoying the season we're in as a family. What are you looking forward to?

Happy New Year!
Megan

P.S. Maybe I should have a resolution to take my prenatal vitamins every day for the rest of my pregnancy. I'm t.e.r.r.i.b.l.e. at that!

No comments: