Thursday, September 18, 2014

29 | 32

We transitioned Aidan to a "big boy bed" this week after I found him like this when I went to get him up from naptime one day:
Mommy was not pleased.

Aidan has done pretty well with the transition. We converted the crib to a twin bed that is low to the ground, but unfortunately doesn't have side rails. He's managed to fall out one time so far, but that's not so bad, I guess. And he seems to be enjoying his new found freedom of being able to get out of bed when he wakes up. This has not been so fun at 5:30 a.m. 

Today Michelle was over during Aidan's naptime. We were enjoying the cool weather on the back porch when all of a sudden we start hearing honking, like someone's car alarm going off. It starts, and then stops, and then starts again. Suddenly I realize Aidan has gotten out of bed and has found one of our sets of keys and is pushing the panic button. Sure enough, I run in the house and there he's standing in the dining room holding Michelle's keys. We promptly put them somewhere out of his reach.

About ten minutes later, the doorbell rings. Michelle and I both went to the front door to see who it was; when we opened the door it looked like a repairman had come to call. But the guy just said, "Wanted to let you know your truck is open, too." Apparently he had been around for the car alarm show. I smiled and said, "A toddler found the keys." He said, "I heard the trunk release clicking over and over again... I wondered what was going on." Ha!


No comments: