Thursday, June 26, 2008

Interesting

Tonight, in a fit of desperately missing Joshua, I re-read some of our old emails from when we first started dating, long-distance. I wrote this to him almost exactly a year and a half ago:

I want to get married to someone who I love and who shares my heart. I want someone to do life with!
I want a family with a whole lot of kids.
I want to make a home, not an apartment with two roommates.
I want to see the world.
I want to hear people's stories.
I want to form relationships with people and impact them for Christ.
I want to help people who are in need. Physically. Emotionally. Spiritually.
I want to have the knowledge when I wake up in the morning that I am living the life I want. A life of discipleship and hard-core following God. A life of making a difference in other people's lives for the Kingdom of God.
I want to be nomadic.
I want to be exciting!
I want OUT of 8-5 America.
I want OUT of retirement plans and golf course subdivisions.
I want adventure.
I want to serve.
I want these desires to be godly, and not fleshly and self-ambitious.
I want to know what on earth I can do to live out these dreams.
I want to know why God has planted these dreams in my heart if they are not going to come to fruition.
I want to be surrendered to Him no matter what.
I want to KNOW God. So, so desperately.


It's funny, because all of those things are still true. Except now I feel a little bit closer to them being reality.

Guess that's what's the journey is about...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to get an e-mail from Megan.
I want to talk to her on the phone.
I want to dish.

Is this too shallow? I can't help it.

I'm on my way to Atlanta for the weekend (work of course) so maybe we should make a phone date.