Thursday, July 24, 2008

Caught red-handed

Somehow, I generally forget that people might actually read my blog when they see the link in my Facebook profile. I have a faint idea of the regular readers of my blog... Kak, Bek, Billy, Heather, someone who lives in Tivoli. (The apartment complex in O-town, not the city of 100 fountains in Italy.) By the way, if you are the lurker from Tivoli, announce yourself! I'm curious to know who you are.

But then there are others that I probably will never know about. Tonight I was hanging out with some friends from church, and one of them mentioned to me that he occasionally visited my blog. It's kind of a blow to the mind for a second. You sit at your computer, alone, and pour your head and sometimes heart out into a little blank box and hit "publish" and you are still, seemingly, alone. Sometimes I write with someone in mind. Maybe I'd like to make Billy laugh. Or throw something in that only Heather would find amusing. But a lot of the time, I write to an anonymous audience. Somehow it's an earth-shattering moment with that anonymity takes the face of someone I know in real life.

Makes me wonder who else lurks out there...

Probably no one, since my posts have been few and far between this summer. What can I say? I've been busy having meltdowns and highs and lows and intimacy with Jesus that has rocked my world.

Four days left at work.
Eight days till I clobber Joshua Geiger at the airport.
Ten days till I have a conversation that may change the trajectory of my life.

I'll let ya know.

4 comments:

zhaunie said...

Let me know! And thanks for trying to make me laugh :P

generic Brand said...

I can't believe you're gonna clobber the man you love. Women be crazy!

JD @ run-thru-life.blogspot.com said...

I also tend to forget that actual people read my blog. I only know of three loyal readers. I am sure that more people actually stumble in. I had someone comment just last week on a post I had written 2 years ago. turns out it is on the first page of results on Google if you type in some obscure search term. Who would have thought.....

JD

Unknown said...

I always read your blogs lovely Megan :)

I just might read them later than when you post them. They have been rather sparce lately.

And I love how you said "something that only Heather would find amusing...". Is my sense of humor really that random and unique? Goodness, I hope so!