Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Unemployed

Today, at 5:00 p.m. EST, I joined the ranks of the unemployed.

There was a brief moment of sheer terror followed by what felt like a load of bricks being lifted off my shoulders.

No job.

No incoming money.

Nada.

At this moment I am so tired all I can think about is crawling into bed. But you know what? I get to fall asleep knowing that tomorrow I am not going to work. And that, friends, is a lovely feeling for the time being.

I pick Joshua up on Saturday. I freaking cannot wait another minute.

2 comments:

generic Brand said...

Take advantage of the system while you can! Collect those unemployment checks you deserve for being a non-working American. I'm so glad we have systme that rewards people for not working, not pursuing active employment, and having more kids than they are capable of raising.

Obama '08!

Studio222 Photography said...

Woo! Start your own business! Or just play the piano and sing with me. I can't pay you in dollars but the laughing at our old lyrics will surely make you feel better. Plus you'll have no pesky job taking up perfect good middle-of-the-day singing times!