Thursday, July 31, 2008

'Twas the night before Christmas

At least that's what I feel like.

It is a family tradition to open gifts on Christmas Eve and stockings on Christmas morning. Sometimes I stockpile a few gifts for Christmas morning, just to prolong the excitement of gift-getting and giving. More often than not, my parents will save the best for last that I will also get to open the day of.

Technically, it's like Christmas Eve Eve for me tonight. I feel like a little girl staring at the Christmas tree with all the beautifully wrapped presents sprawled out beneath the ornament-laden branches, wondering when, oh when, will I finally get to open that one with the big bow?

Joshua is on a flight home right now, probably sleeping above the Atlantic Ocean. He only has seven more hours to go before they land in the U.S. Poor guy. I think the whole flight is like 15 hours long or something.

I know that tomorrow is my Christmas Eve. I will be traveling to Atlanta, staying in a hotel and beautifying myself, and then (to be honest) popping in a DVD of ER episodes and finding out if Dr. Weaver is going to rat out Carter for popping two Vicodin he bummed off a dead patient before I try to go to sleep. Key word try.

August 1 is a day I've been waiting so long for. My Christmas Eve.

And then there will be Christmas. The stocking. The best part. A few choice presents that Mom and Dad have waited until Christmas morning to give me because they are special.

Saturday will be Christmas, when I get the ultimate present of Joshua Geiger holding me tight.
Sweet sigh of bliss.

I actually sat down to write about something totally different, something about life choices and mistakes and decision-making strategy and older people always having to be logical.

Oh well.

4 comments:

generic Brand said...

Good choice on not going with the old people decision making strategies post. And either you're wrong or Josh has it easy; my flight to Japan was 17 hours.

Studio222 Photography said...

Megan this may be the most dramatic thing I've ever read of yours. HaHa. I do believe we've switched places. ;)

Anonymous said...

"Older people bring logical"

Good thing you didn't post on that. I can almost feel the soapbox underneath my (logical) feet.

Kak

Unknown said...

yeah... uhmm.. I win. My flight from Africa back to Orlando was 42 hours.

so.... yeah... (but I just realized I crossed 6 time zones, so maybe it was mor elike 36 hours).

anyway! I'm excited you have your Joshy-poo with you. I get to see you this weekend!