Thursday, October 9, 2008

Crapola

It's late on Thursday night and I almost forgot to blog today. In fact, I got all snuggled up in my cozy twin-sized bed and nestled my head down into my feather pillows, and then I remembered that I didn't post anything today. This is how devoted I am to you: I worked up the motivation to get out of my warm, soft bed and went into the den to retrieved my laptop. And now I'm making my brain work to type this for you.

That, my friends, is about all you're going to get for now though. Megan's brain is slim pickins when I've already initiated shut down mode for the evening. See? I just spent a good thirty seconds trying to think of something to type, and I came up with nada.

Bright idea: it's the ninth day of October so I'll list nine things I'm thankful for today:

1. Mary and Bryan and their generosity and kindness and friendship. (They are the couple that let me move in with them and their girls when God decided to rearrange my life two months ago.)

2. Asheville in autumn and trees that turn bright red-orange and gorgeous gold this time of year. In ten days I think it will be absolutely breathtaking. I'll try to get some good pictures for you.

3. Pizza. Definitely pizza.

4. Family dinners with the Worthys. It's so much fun to crowd four adults and four girls around the table at 5:15 everyday and watch the fun begin.

5. Grammy's cooking and especially her homemade biscuits with butter and honey... mmmm...! She's going to teach me how to make those before Josh and I get married.

6. The Toyota Tercel that gets us around town everyday.

7. Music and singing and worshipping God with friends.

8. Good reads. I'm currently reading The Heavenly Man by Brother Yun, a Chinese pastor who faced incredible persecution in his country but who lives out the Word through blood, sweat, and tears. This is a fabulous book that I would recommend to all Christ-followers and it is convicting me and inspiring me and setting me straight all at the same time. Five books checked out at the library yesterday were two novels (A Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers-- if you have not read this, GET IT NOW-- and Roanoke by Angela Elwell Hunt), a biography on Mother Teresa, Animal Vegetable Miracle (one family's tale of eating only locally grown foods for an entire year) and Eat, Pray, Love (because Kak bought me a copy and halfway though I think I accidentally left it at the gym in Orlando and I really want to finish it). I'll give you my reviews of each book as I finish. I can already tell you that A Voice in the Wind is my all-time favorite novel and everyone I have recommended it to, no matter how varying their literary tastes, has loved this book and it's sequel, An Echo in the Darkness.

9. My warm, soft, cozy, snuggly bed that I will now give my full attention.

'Night, ladies and gents.

5 comments:

generic Brand said...

I think I might be the only human being who misses school lunch square pizza. You know the one with the cubed pepperonis?

Also, Francine Rivers is the Beth Moore of literature. Take that comment as you like.

Studio222 Photography said...

Ugh, I want to come up and see fall so badly. :( Are you working yet? Or do you have lots of free time ;)

zhaunie said...

Aaron,

I also miss those school lunch pizzas. I made it a point to become friends with the kid who didn't like them. Once I got to fifth grade, we got to eat the left-overs since we were the last to lunch [yes, I actually used the verb there].

Becka Robinson said...

I totally tagged you. Now you don't have to wonder what to write about at bedtime. ;) love you.

A Wanderer's Heart said...

Bek - Thanks for the meme. Good idea. I so wish you could come up. In the meantime, watch for the notebook! I haven't sent it off yet but I plan to really soon.

Aaron - I like Francine Rivers and Beth Moore, so I'm happy with your comment. Give 'em both a try, then we'll talk.

Billy - Totally not getting your parenthetical comment but it's a ridiculous hour to be attempting any lucid thought so I'll try again tomorrow.