Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Changes of mind

Tonight I had planned on going over to a friend's house for girls' night... complete with dessert and America's Next Top Model. Somewhere in the day, I realized how sapped I was for alone time and changed my mind.

So here I sit, window cracked so that I can hear the rain falling outside, updating my blog. Dessertless. Still going to watch America's Next Top Model, though. Then part two of Biggest Loser ('twas split into two episodes because of last night's presidential debate). It feels nice. Joshua and I went to the library earlier today and I picked up five good reads. I'm feeling happy within myself right now... relaxed... and I just heaved a big sigh of contentment to be sitting here by myself. Time to recharge the Megan battery.

Okay, I just had to move upstairs because someone set the DVR to record The Muppets Wizard of Oz downstairs and I haven't figured out how to switch the TV inputs yet. Such is life in a house with four little girls. I love it.

I'm gonna give ya'll #51-60 tonight on the spirit of getting back into blogging. But let me give you some updates from things I listed in my first 50:

1. I no longer have a 30 minute commute to work, but rather a 20 pace walk from my bedroom to the office. Still enjoying the spectacular Asheville views, though.

3. I stopped watching ER after season six. Most of my favorite characters had left the show and I thought the plot was getting a little too off the mark for my tastes. Now I'm back on DQ and now that I've got real TV at my disposal, I'm a total nut for Biggest Loser. It is the last season of ER, though, and they are bringing back some old cast members, so I'm tempted to tune in. Plus John Stamos is on the show now??? So it might just be worth it to see how Uncle Jesse does without all that cheese in the script.

7. I now eat chicken, beef, and pork. In fact, I had BBQ for lunch.

17. Currently more ready to get married than ever.

32. I no longer work in academia, but I have retained my love for learning. Hence the pile of books on my nightstand.

37. I still haven't cut my hair and I think it's the longest it has ever been since I was five.

100 things continued:

51. I love event food. Popcorn and a soda at the movies, chicken strips and french fries at sporting events (don't do hotdogs, sorry fellow Americans)... if it has food that goes with it, I want some.

52. I am totally tempted to become a complete hippie (no car, TV, computer, cell phone; organic and locally grown food; sustainable living; etc.) but down deep I fear that I don't have what it takes.

53. I play the piano and have secret ambitions to make one of those naturescapes albums that has nature sounds in the background while I play my soothing melodies. I could totally do it.

54. I would love to honeymoon in Tahiti, Canada, or Colorado.

55. I want to have an insane amount of kids. Like not using birth control amounts of kids.

56. I truly desire communal living with the people I love. I haven't quite been able to put words on this concept yet, but I know it's in my heart.

57. I have never been able to make a successful batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies.

58. I can count on one hand how many movies that have made me cry in my lifetime. Music makes me cry MUCH more often.

59. In the words of Trainer Bob, I like relentless.

60. I can't stand political commercials. Thank God for the mute button.

Badabing, badaboom.

Wow-- I just got an email from World Vision that contained this statistic: Right now, one child dies from hunger every seven seconds.

Unacceptable.

3 comments:

Becka Robinson said...

You're ready to get married, have a ridiculous amount of kids, listen to naturescapes while you read, and you want to live in a commune.

I think you should move to Utah my love. ;)

generic Brand said...

Comments:

#7: Thank God because it was hard work balancing out the universe for you by eating all those BK quadstackers.

#51: What about italian sausages???

#53: I think you should just stick to Disney love songs ;)

#57: The trick here is break-and-bakes. Take them out when they still look a little raw and let them sit for 15 minutes. Then they are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. mmmm.....

Jules said...

"55. I want to have an insane amount of kids. Like not using birth control amounts of kids."

That made me smile! haha. Does your other half know what he's in for I wonder.... ^_^