Tuesday, October 14, 2008

*Gasp*

Joshua and I just totally gasped out loud at the television at the conclusion of tonight's Biggest Loser episode. Shellay, the unfortunate victim of tonight's elimination, looks completely foxy now! They always show a comparison to when the contestants first arrived at "The Ranch" and where they are at now, after the episode is shown where they were eliminated. This was a moment that left us both gaping.

Sign me up for the Biggest Loser.

Not.

So I do have a few unwanted pounds that I would like to shed. Especially before winter arrives and brings with her all sorts of delectable, creamy, heavy, rich foods that are perfect for the cold months. (They are also perfect for insulating the body with a nice layer of fat.) Last week during the "Trainer Tips" segment of the show, Trainer Jillian told us that if we just did jumping jacks during every commercial break of the hour-long show, we would burn 300 calories. Can you believe that? Neither could we. Until we tried it tonight.

When is the last time you tried to do jumping jacks for three minutes?

Maybe this was a sorry revelation of my sad cardiovascular state, but that junk is hard. I am not fit for a workout with Trainer Bob or Trainer Jillian. There would be nothing left of me afterwards.

So there were two kinds of gasping tonight. Megan gasping in awe of Shellay's rockin' new size 10 body, and Megan gasping for air as she neared the three minute mark (after several attempts at cheating) and begged for the show to come back on. Lovely.

2 comments:

Becka Robinson said...

HaHaHa. I can just picture you jumping up from the sofa the first time and clapping your hands and saying "Jumping Jack time! Let's go!" LOL

MO said...

That is great! I love that you were doing jumping jacks...I want to try that now! lol