Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A wayward heart

The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?

Tonight is a night when I am adamantly refusing to listen to my emotions. I think most Americans tend to let their emotions run all over them. But tonight, they will not drive this train.

You shaped me first inside, then out; you formed me in my mother's womb.

As much as I hate it, my heart often stands divided.

Who may ascend the hill of the LORD? Who may stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to an idol or swear by what is false.

Swear by what is false... swear by what is false...

Even money.

You cannot serve both God and Money.

I want, I want, I want. And I get disappointed, swiftly followed by anger and general huffiness toward God when He says no. I have asked for the stripping of my flesh. I want to complain about the discomfort. But... in a brilliant Megan finish... I don't have to drink feces water. This is a plus.

No comments: