Sunday, October 26, 2008

Mission accomplished

Kristie has come to visit me for a few days, yay! We jumped right into carving pumpkins this afternoon. I had never carved a pumpkin before, so today was a day that I got to check off "carve a pumpkin" from my list of New Year's resolutions and life ambitions. Together with Kristie, Joshua, and three of the Worthy girls, I spent a good two hours on the front porch scooping out pumkin guts and carving out designs. Josh and I shared a pumpkin and he carved a claddagh in one side and I went with the classic Jack-o-Lantern look on the other. Kristie went for a Dracula feel.

Tomorrow should be full of good things... sleeping in, banana bread, pedicures, maybe a drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway, making mulled apple cider and homemade chocolate chip cookies (Kristie's gonna teach me to do it right), watching autumn leaves fall off the trees, fettuccine alfredo a la Megan Monday, Bible study, and quality time with one of my best girls, K-Smeltz.


Kristie's Dracula on the left, my Jack-o-Lantern on the right.


Joshua's claddagh carving.

5 comments:

Becka Robinson said...

fun

Anonymous said...

Megan, did you bake the banana bread? Just asking, because your grandmother (Duane) was a big fan. She called it "ba-nah-nah" bread. Even now, when my mom or I make banahnah bread, we think of her.

A Wanderer's Heart said...

Kak, that made me laugh and miss my Nana. Mary makes the banahnah bread. Mmmmmmm mmmmmmm good.

generic Brand said...

I didn't know what a claddagh was before reading this.

generic Brand said...

I still don't.