Saturday, October 25, 2008

Saturday bliss

Sometimes, Saturdays are bliss.

I have decided that Saturdays will be my sabbath. Literally, my day of rest. I think that traditionally Sunday is the sabbath, but on Sundays I still feel like I'm working because of everything going on at the church. So I have designated Saturday as my do-nothing day.

Not that today was uneventful.

I slept in until a glorious 10:00, only mildly disturbed by an arguing Emma and Amanda in the den outside my room, no doubt fighting over whether they should watch Hannah Montana or Goosebumps.

I went for an hour-long walk with Nikki, who took me on a tour of Biltmore Park with all the swank houses and beautiful views of the mountains. So many gorgeous trees. I picked a leaf for Joshua, the most perfect one I have seen all season. Nikki also graced me with a check so that I can get my hair cut at Carmen Carmen. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

I went over to Grammy Doris' house for lunch and some quality time with my man. We made it through a half-hour of Nintendo before I ordered Joshua off to take a nap and I settled in with The Oath, a Frank Peretti novel that I haven't read in probably ten years. Also did laundry, but laundry is the easiest of all chores to do, so it shouldn't even really count as a chore. (Joshua needed a nap, by the way, because he is currently working the 4:30-12:00 shift at Target. That would be the 4:30 a.m.-noon shift, folks. Yikes.)

I woke Joshua up and we headed over to our friends' house for dinner. Dan and Deb are an awesome couple we met at Highland and clicked with right away. Deb made us homemade chili and biscuits and hot apple cider, and then after dinner we settled in the living room for an evening of eating cookies (break n' bake, Aaron) and playing Catch Phrase. It was good food, good fun, and good company. The perfect ending to my blissful Saturday.

Then there was the encore of flirting with my boyfriend as he dropped me off at home.

Saturday bliss.

No comments: