Friday, October 24, 2008

Feels like Friday

I changed my Facebook settings to Pirate today and now everything is translated into pirate speak. Ahoy, mateys!

Just got home from a "masquerade" party with Joshua (where he totally dominated the poker table-- too bad it wasn't for money, we could use it) and I am t-i-r-e-d. It was good to see everyone though and hang out and play games and laugh and talk and just enjoy each other's company on a Friday night. Fridays are good days. Even with my new schedule working for the church, I still like Fridays. Fridays have a certain feel. You know when you are working that if you can just make it until 5:00, good things await. At the Worthys house, Little Caesar's pizza always awaits, and I'm all about that. Plus Joshua and I usually get to watch half a movie with them before we leave for the Prayer Gallery, which is also fun. Tonight's movie was the latest Indiana Jones flick and we accidentally got sucked in and were late to the Gallery.

I think that Jesus is coming back soon. I mean I really do. Before this season in my life, I never really thought about it. I thought, there have been thousands of Christians in the generations before me who thought Jesus would come back in their lifetime and He didn't. Why should my lifetime be any different? But it is. People are dreaming dreams. Having visions.

In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.

If I actually take the time to think about what that means, it makes me want to drastically alter some things about my life. Isn't it interesting how easily we are sucked into complacency and distracted by worthless things? Who was it that said that our lives are frittered away by detail?

What would you do if you knew that Jesus was coming back in, let's say, five years?

3 comments:

generic Brand said...

Blow my credit and live like my life mattered for other people. Since I don't know when the end will actually come though, I have to play it conservatively and make sure I'm provided for so that I can work for others.

Josh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Aaron, God will provide for you. You don't have to make sure, He said He would. And you don't have to work for others either. Just work on you and God will work that for others.