Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Time flies

I don't know where 2008 went. I can't believe that October will be over in two days and in less than a week we'll know who our next president is. If life is passing this quickly and I'm only 23, I don't want to imagine how it will fly by when I'm 40.

Since the reinvention of my life and the decision to stay in Asheville, I think that October has proven to be the hardest month. There has been more crying, more stress, and more emotional wreckage this month for some reason. I think that it is a hard month anyway... lots of dark spiritual activity in these parts before Halloween.

I am tired and I'm wrestling between wanting to soldier on and push past the pain and tiredness, and wanting to give myself some time for rest and rejuvenation.

Thoughts?

3 comments:

zhaunie said...

If you pray for restoration and God provides you with the opportunity to rest, take it. The guy I'm going with on this coming trip needed a lot of restoration, and we were praying for it together everyday. God provided it, and everything's good, but he had to do a little bit of fighting for it and talking to some people. God gave us the Sabbath because we need it. Do you really think He needed to rest? It was an example for us.

Anonymous said...

Megan--if you think you have these issues now, wait until you're 40. They'll still be there. So my advice is to do both. Work through the challenges AND enjoy some R&R. It's possible to do both. And you might as well start now, because you'll be doing it for the rest of your life. Trust me, there will still be challenging days even when you think your house is in order. It might just be when you're out enjoying that R&R that the issues get sorted out. Or not.

It's just how life works.

Give your mother my e-mail addresses. She says she hasn't e-mailed me because she lost mine. Tell her if she used it more often, she'd know it by heart!! :)I'll call her soon.

Becka Robinson said...

You're telling me. A year ago was when when everything crazy started happening. I can't believe it's been a year. I can't believe that in Feb it will have been a year since J left. It's just surreal and has gone by so fast.