Friday, November 21, 2008

Bloggerooni

My dear friend Heather Heather is in town. Tonight the temperature is in the teens and Joshua and I took her downtown to the Prayer Gallery. I think she was wearing ten layers and three hats. And still cold.

Joshua and I have this really bad habit of leaving our car headlights on and then we come out later and try to start the car and realize the battery is dead. It's an old Tercel and there is no dinging or light flashing to give you warning that you've left the lights on. Today, for at least the fifteenth time, we had to get someone to give us a jump because we had done it again. (Thank God the Worthys put a pair of jumper cables in the trunk.) So we were late picking Heather Heather up from the airport. But she's reading Twilight so I don't think she minded too much.

We tried to do the whole rolling start thing since the Tercel is a manual, but I was in the driver's seat and couldn't get it to work. I think I was supposed to pop the clutch or something once I had it in second gear, but I don't know what that means and I didn't do it. Poor Joshua had to push the car up a hill and I think he might have given himself a hernia.

It was snowing this morning. :)

No comments: