Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Discoveries

I am definitely sitting here in my PJs freezing my butt off in the Worthy's basement because it's like 19 degrees outside. And I am listening to Christmas carols (currently one of my favorite versions of Winter Wonderland is playing, performed by Jason Mraz... it's fun, you should download it and by "download it" I mean pay for it, not steal it off of Limewire). And I am waiting for my bed to get warm, per my usual I'll-blog-while-my-electric-blanket-heats-up habit.

I have discovered/am in the process of discovering several things lately. I'm going to try to tell you about them, but I've had a headache since this afternoon (maybe the weather change?) so I'm not sure it's going to come out coherently but I'll proofread this tomorrow and make changes if necessary. So if this makes no sense at all, come back tomorrow.

Discovery #1: I am horrible at returning phone calls. If you have any sort of experience with this, I'm sorry. I would like to tell you that I'm going to get better at it, but it's not exactly in the top five priorities right now so that means maybe I'll start working on it in January when I make a new resolutions list and vow to be a better friend. Besides, it's genetic and it's hard to work against genetics.

Discovery #2: If I have a health problem when I'm an old lady and the doctor tells me I'll have to exercise if I want to survive, you might as well pick out my gravestone. I'm 23 and I can barely work up the motivation to work out now... I can't imagine how bad I'll be by 70.

Discovery #3: God has this absolutely insane love for me. As I said last night, I'm reading Crazy Love, newly gifted to me (awesome). I'm enjoying it although the writer keeps referring me to look at the book's website to watch videos that correlate with certain things, and I don't think I'm the target audience for that sort of thing. I'm one of those old-fashioned gals that actually enjoys reading... you know, the feel of a book in your hands, the smell of new pages, being able to get in a comfy chair and focus for a few hours without any interruptions. Being redirected to the website every ten pages is getting on my nerves. That said, I'm liking the content, and it's just resonating within me because it's echoing a message that God has been driving home lately... which is a) that He is HUGE, b) that He loves me more than I can imagine, and c) the magnitude of His love for me demands a response. I told Joshua tonight that I think that it's not that I'm apathetic to God's crazy love for me, I think it's that I've never really believed it. But I'm getting closer and closer to taking that head-long leap of complete abandonment into a crazy, infatuated love relationship with Jesus and it makes me... joyful. That's a new element in my spiritual journey, and it's one that I've been searching for and it makes me happy to have found it. True joy. Joy that wells up within from the mutual satisfaction of being completely, overwhelmingly desired and loved and giving myself entirely in love in return.

Discovery #3 is my favorite.

P.S. It was snowing today, but nothing stuck. I can't wait until I wake up one morning and everything is covered in white.

3 comments:

Brittney said...

I love your discoveries!!! especially # 3! and # 2 made me laugh b/c we were just talking about that today....and dang i know motivation is key...

Becka Robinson said...

#2.... Really? Come on Miss Megan, you just gotta be creative. What about dancing? You like that don't you. That counts. I want you to stay alive for a long time.

generic Brand said...

Word to the wise: electric blankets have caused three times as many household fires as curious children left alone with a bottle of arsenic and a match. Stay safe!