Monday, November 17, 2008

Miracle of miracles


Joshua and I seriously did bust out with Handel's Messiah today when we drove past this sign. He snapped a picture of it while I went inside the store to grab some supplies for Megan Monday. Have I told you all about Megan Monday yet? I cook every Monday night, and since alliterations are fun, we call it Megan Monday. Tonight was stuffed shells... a Worthy girls favorite. Is there anything cuter than a five-year-old looking up at you imploringly and asking, "Are you gonna make shells?" I think not.

I can't REMEMBER the last time gas was under $2.00 a gallon. I have no idea why the sudden drop in prices (just a month ago we had a gas shortage here and people were waiting in line for hours and paying upwards of $5.00 a gallon) but I'm not complaining.

I think that it's time for me to put all my Christmas tunes back on my iPod. I am a fan of shuffle, so I have to remove them after the holiday season because it irks me to have Winter Wonderland come on in May. But it's close enough to Thanksgiving that I think it's safe to add them back to the repertoire. Josh and I have been singing carols since August, anyway. We like the harmony parts.

New book: Crazy Love. I'm starting it tonight, so I'll let you know what I think.

'Till next time...

Peas and carrots.

2 comments:

Jules said...

I love that petrol (gas to you!) is getting cheaper. May it continue!!

Mrs. LC said...

We got gas for $1.99 on Sunday! haha I wished I had my camera on me, it was such a momentous occasion! :) I just heard on the news that somewhere (I don't remember where) in the US gas is $1.53 and under!

And we broke out the Christmas tunes on Saturday night. I was trying to wait until after Thanksgiving, but couldn't. :) It's close enough!