Saturday, November 1, 2008

Thank God for Daylight Savings Time

The reason that Daylight Savings Time exists is not that interesting to me-- so uninteresting, in fact, that the Queen of Trivia cannot remember it, aside from the fact that it has something to do with farming. However, this does not stop me from being inordinately grateful that it does exist and that every autumn there is one glorious night when I can catch an extra hour of sleep (or if I'm feeling daring, do something nonsensical with that hour because it's a freebie).

I have a lot of thoughts ruminating in my head that I'd like to blog about... but last night it was nausea and tonight it's just plain exhaustion that are keeping my mind from getting them out onto the page. Perhaps tomorrow I will try to blog earlier in the day when I'm on top of my game.

Tonight we had Skyline chili night at the Worthy household and most of the Highland staff came over to partake in this beloved tradition. It was my first time trying the infamous Skyline chili, which includes interesting ingredients like cinnamon, cumin, and bitter chocolate. 'Twas good, though altogether different from the Texas chili I'm used to. This chili had no beans, was served over spaghetti and is only complete with a liberal helping of cheese on top, plus oyster crackers.

Tomorrow is Sunday. I still have work to do before then. Better go. I promise future blog posts with some actual substance soon.

3 comments:

zhaunie said...

Farmers get up whenever they need to. It doesn't matter what the clocks say. Daylight Saving (no S) Time is for saving energy - at least it was originally.

generic Brand said...

Where do you come off proclaiming yourself the Queen of Trivia? Just because my Gramma died 3 years ago doesn't mean you secede her for the crown

generic Brand said...

sorry... succeed*