Thursday, December 4, 2008

Oh, how He loves us, oh...



Okay, so my friend Brittney introduced me to this song by Kim Walker and I am absolutely in love with it. The first time I listened to it I had tears streaming down my face. Oh, how He loves us, oh...!

Tomorrow Joshua and I are going to get the license plates for our new car so we should be tootling around town soon enough... and there is rumor that we might be doing some engagement ring sizing as well... eek! :)

God has just been such an incredible Giver to us lately... car, diamond ring... in spite of the current economic situation in the U.S. It's really put me on a different path, I think, because I hear so much anxiety and worry coming from the mouths of everyone and while I can acknowledge the basis of their fears, I have no emotional connection to that mentality whatsoever. The reality that the God we love is bigger than the economy of this one nation is so tangible to me right now, people probably think I'm a little nuts when I just smile in the face of uncertainty and recession and praise the Lord for His provision. It's so freeing to be loved by a God who is not bound by human invention.

Yay, God!

3 comments:

Becka Robinson said...

I'm David, and singing was my firstborn child.

A Wanderer's Heart said...

Is that some form of poetry?

Studio222 Photography said...

Nope, just a statement. I'm naturally poetic. ;)