Thursday, July 2, 2009

ritorna me

Almost two months later and here I am with a wedding, honeymoon, and another production of Godspell under my belt. It's hard to believe that Joshua and I have almost been married for two months... crazy! I have written one thank-you note so far. Bad Megan.

There is so much bouncing around in my brain that I hardly know where to begin or how to connect it all. A disjointed blog post is better than no blog post, no?

It's summertime in Asheville which is unceasingly beautiful. The garden is in full swing, hopefully ready for harvesting at the end of July. Fireflies are out every evening, summer storms boom through the mountain passes, and daylight fades at 9:00 p.m. Right now Joshua and I are house-sitting for some friends. I'm typing this on their Mac that I am trying not to covet while semi-watching The Mirror Has Two Faces-- an old Barbra Streisand movie that probably no one owns besides me. We went for a walk this evening after dinner and passed a man walking his dog... and his cat. The cat just follows along... the guy said the two are inseperable. An amusing highlight to the day. So far our house-sitting adventure has included the Great Hamster Escape and Recovery, a lynx with digestive trouble, and my first experience driving a hybrid car (I'm a fan).

I've decided to write a manifesto (according to Webster: a public declaration of intentions, opinions, objectives, or motives) and once I'm through with the first draft I'll post it. I was telling Joshua at dinner that the point is not to create a set of expectations to live up to or not live up to (such as a New Year's resolution, 101 in 1001, etc.), but rather to create a set of ideals to shape your life and give it direction and intentionality. Since I love lists, I figure a manifesto is right up my alley.

A new gym just opened in Asheville called The Rush, open 24/7 and very, very nice. Joshua got us a membership last week and today was my orientation, which is a complimentary session with a personal trainer for every new member. I got my butt kicked with strength training... and I imagine tomorrow I am going to be able to feel it. But I am super excited about having a gym to work out at again, especially because The Rush has a pool (salt-water cleaned, a plus) and I've always wanted to swim since it's the best cardiovascular excercise for you.

My mind is still scattered, and I'm off to work on the manifesto. More later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thought we'd lost you! =) How do you like married life? Saw some pictures and they were beautiful!

*Sarah H.*