Friday, January 29, 2010

Winter Storm Warning

I have hijacked Bryan's computer this morning because Joshua and I no longer have a computer of our own. My laptop (that my parents only bought me in what, 2005?) went kaput... same old "needs a new motherboard, that's not worth it on this machine" excuse. Whatever. I have my eyes set on a shiny new iMac but the funds for that are nowhere to be found. So from now on my computing will be done randomly on one of the Worthys' computers or at the library. 

It's actually been kind of nice to have a room that is unplugged. We've got a TV in there now for watching DVDs when we're in the mood, but other than that, there's no outlet for the outside world to seep in by. No internet, to television, no phones if we don't want there to be. 

So there is this GIANT snow and ice storm rapidly approaching Asheville as I type. In fact, I think it's two hours and counting now. The estimated snowfall accumulation is rising with every hour and it is cold, cold, cold. I was supposed to be taking off for Virginia on Sunday to visit my beloved friend K-Smeltz, but I don't think I'm going to be going anywhere. Which is disappointing since I have been looking forward to seeing her, but not too disappointing because I am currently the Queen of Free Time, la Reina del Tiempo Libre (whichever language you prefer; I kind of like the Spanish, personally), and will be able to reschedule. My job at Biltmore Estate has come to an abrupt halt until the beginning of April. At which point I will (hopefully) have successfully obtained my CDL and have another seven shows of Godspell under my belt (this time as Mic Wrangler and understudy for three of the female parts). 

Joshua just got home from school and I think we might want to make a run to somewhere, for something, before we get snowed in. Yeah, I know that was vague, but really it's just a desire to waylay cabin fever rather than a need to get anything or go anywhere in particular. 

Later then, homies.   

No comments: