Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 3

Last night I went to CF for the first time in two weeks.

Strength/skill - Back Squat
Add 10 lbs. to previous 5RM (92#)
Worked up to 102#

WOD - Complete 5 rounds of:
8 push-press, 70% of previous 5RM (48#) - used 37#
16 lateral box jumps - 8" height (used two 45# plates)
For time: 7:55

How it felt: Back squats felt strong. Probably could've pushed it another 10# but 102# was strenuous. Still concentrating on keeping my knees from diving in. WOD was difficult. Push-press was strong but trying by the end of the work-out. Sad that I couldn't use a 12" box for the lat jumps but it was my first time and standing next to the box and trying to wrap my mind around jumping high and wide enough to clear it sideways was actually a scary feeling. Glad that I used the plates when I got tired in the work-out and landed on the edge of the plates a few times... that would've been a big crash on a box. Want my cardiovascular fitness to improve so that I can complete WODs faster without stopping to breathe as many times.

No comments: