Monday, January 31, 2011

Saturday wasn't my fault...

... but yesterday was absolutely too gorgeous of a day to be sitting inside at the computer.

For real, though.

Saturday the internet was down when I sat down to blog. Yesterday was 70 degrees in JANUARY, people. Joshua, Michelle and I took ourselves down to the local park, slung up Eno hammocks between a nice little triangle of trees, and laid in the shade while reading the beginning of Amy Carmichael's biography. It was gorgeous. The park was full of people, young and old, and so many dogs! Cutter accompanied us and took in the beautiful day alongside us.

Other highlights from this weekend: buying the new Amos Lee CD (with a gift card, which makes it double the fun), going over to the Ledfords' and enjoying some delicious grilled food (including grilled pineapple, which might be one of my favorite things ever) and playing with all of their high-tech gadgets. Has anyone ever seen/heard of a Google television? I hadn't until Saturday night, and my world is forever changed. Lord help us.

Also was introduced to this guy. Watch some of his stuff. It's brilliantly creative and he's got some mad editing skills and musical talent. How would you like to do that for a full-time job? This one and this one are my favorites so far. 

No comments: