Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Toastmasters

Anyone out there ever heard of Toastmasters International?

I went to an open house meeting for the Mission chapter of Toastmasters today. It was certainly interesting... I had never been to a "club" type meeting before where there are officers and formality. It was entertaining, and a bit intimidating, and inspiring. I am considering becoming a member. I have always enjoyed public speaking and the last time I had to give a speech was my freshman speech class at UCF. That class is what led me to pursue my major in interpersonal communication. I am still fascinated by that topic, and I think it would be fun to get back into public presentations. And it makes me nervous. And you should do what you're afraid of more often, right?


On a completely other note, I am considering trying acupuncture. Has anyone ever done that? It kind of creeps me out a little, to think of being a human porcupine... but if it works, well then it works. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You and your weird remedies, diets, and organic deodorant ways.

haha, I love it.