Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Consolidation

So I've decided to consolidate my two blogs, because I find myself neglecting one or the other. So for those of you (any of you?) who read this one here, you will find yourself occasionally inundated with CrossFit WODs and more paleo-speak.

Today has been a good, albeit injurious, day. Started early at CrossFit Asheville, which is one of my favorite ways to start the day. I never-- NEVER-- want to get out of bed in order to get there, though. This morning Joshua was trying to coax me out from underneath the warm, snuggly blankets and he said that I sat up and gave him the meanest scowl ever. Not a morning person, what can I say? But somewhere between calisthenics and the WOD, I zoom into consciousness and by the time I have finished the hour, my face cherry red and my mouth all saliva-y, I feel alive. Wonderfully, wonderfully alive.

Work then... where I managed to kick the corner of an open drawer with my shin (beautiful purple knot to show for it) and get my wrist caught in the window Joshua was rolling up when I met him for our lunch break. Injurious, I told you. After work we came home and changed and headed out to the Mountains to the Sea trail on the BRP to go for a run... where I managed to catch my foot on a root and fall. Perfect ending to the day. It wasn't so bad though-- the forest floor is soft and doesn't scrape your hands up like asphalt does. I love running through the woods.

Joshua and I registered for a 5K in May, and I registered for the Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk in September (in D.C.! love!). So there will be a lot of running and walking to come. I will become a runner, dangit! I plan on running as many races this year as I can... there are so many good ones up here in the mountains, too. Races are fun and make the training worth it, you know?

I'm going to consolidate my blogs and then get ready for bed. It's not even 8:00, you say? I'd argue that my circadian rhythm is back in place and I'll see you at sunrise. 

No comments: