Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 45

It's the half-way mark today for me on this 90-Day Challenge. There has been some cheating, I'll be honest. Eating at other people's homes, and a couple of times just going out to eat and getting what I wanted (read: pizza)... but overall I have done a stand-up job, if I do say so myself. I'd like to do the next half without the cheating, though. Most of the time, the cheating really isn't worth it in the "Ohmygosh this tastes divine" sense; it's just convenient. Paleo requires a lot of food prep and time in the kitchen. That has been enjoyable and at the same time frustrating for Joshua and I, especially when our experimental dishes go awry. But we have discovered some incredible recipes (stuffed peppers, anyone?) and alternatives (I love you, Coconut Bliss) that make some of what I used to eat seem excessive. When this is over, I am sure I will go back to bread and butter, two of the secrets to happiness in life. But why would I go back to regular ice cream when I have a delicious, healthier alternative? Why would I add sugar back in when I have learned to use honey, and when my taste buds have gotten used to not eating fake, saccharine food from a box?

Today was CFA.

Strength/Skill - Clean, work up to a heavy set of 2. I'd only done this one time before and ended at 28#... today I worked up to 48#. Hate that my butt still sticks out when I get low in a squat. Core strength...

WOD - AMRAP in 3 minutes:
6 push-ups (supposed to be ring p/u but can't do those yet... just stuck to the regular)
9 box jumps (18")
3 rounds, 1 minute rest between rounds
Completed 7 rounds + 6 p/u and 8 freaking box jumps. So close! I should've just finished the round after Shanna called the time.

No comments: