Sunday, February 6, 2011

Home again, home again

We are home from Myrtle Beach. Michelle found the *perfect* wedding dress and I am so glad that we made the trip with her to be a part of the process. I wish I could post pictures, but on the off-chance that Christian happens to read my blog, that would spoil everything completely and I might never be forgiven. :)

The sun only appeared this morning as we were getting ready to leave my in-laws' house. I stood in the kitchen for a moment, soaking up the warmth as the sunlight shone through the window and I wished-- like seriously longed for-- a beach vacation. We did go out to the pier on Saturday, but it was cold and damp and so foggy that you couldn't see where the ocean and sky kiss on the horizon. It was romantic in it's own morose fashion. Joshua and I stood wistfully on the pier, listening to the waves beating the sandy shore below and spoke to each other about our craving to live on the water. I asked Joshua if he would rather live at the beach than at the mountains. I was surprised when he said yes.

I took the beach for granted as a Floridian, and I miss it something fierce now. Even on cold, clammy days like yesterday, there is an unrivaled, mysterious beauty about the sea.

I am thankful for the rainy weather, though. We spent a lot of quality time with my in-laws, whom we don't see enough of these days. Goal to visit more often. 

No comments: