Sunday, August 31, 2014

29 | 14


Last night I got to attend Ben and Chelsea's wedding out in Cane Creek. The venue was on someone's private property, and it was panoramic views of the sweeping valleys full of pastureland hidden in these ancient mountains. It was gorgeous. Their wedding was at 5:30 and the sun could've been blazing hot, but God blew some beautiful clouds over the sky and it was perfect. Their wedding photos are going to be amazing. 

Sometimes I daydream about what it would be like to win the lottery or just be ostentatiously rich, and I think about the lavish parties/balls I would throw. I'd give all my guests money to buy ballgowns/rent tuxedos and I would provide food and entertainment and there would be lots and lots of dancing. Just so that people could feel beautiful, get dressed up, enjoy a truly formal occasion, and have a carefree time. I value all of those things. 

Since I probably will never hit the jackpot, I would still like to be able to offer some form of those values as a hostess. We invite people over for dinner a lot, but it would be fun to do something a little more intentional and formal. And that would give me a chance to put my culinary skills to the test-- ooh, la, la. 

No comments: