Wednesday, March 26, 2008

#41-50

41 - I am absolutely thrilled by all the blossoms on the trees here as spring is arriving. It makes me giddy like a child because I've never seen anything like it. It is one of those things that makes my soul glow. New life. Beauty. Promise.

42 - I haven't been to the dentist since before I went to college. Oops.

43 - If I had a lot of money, I would buy everything organic that I possibly could.

44 - The reason I wear glasses more than contacts is because I'm lazy. Period.

45 - I kept a lot of my college textbooks because I think I might actually go back and read them one day. I'm not sure if that's delirium or just unrealistic expectations.

46 - Joshua treats me like a princess and I love it.

47 - I can't finish a whole beer, I get tipsy after two glasses of wine and I don't like the taste of hard liquor. I guess this is a good thing since I have an addictive personality and I'd probably end up being an alcoholic if I ever acquired a taste for it.

48 - I love stories and could live my whole life for them. Reading stories in books, watching stories on TV or movies, hearing stories from people and writing stories... it makes me really, really happy.

49 - I want to talk to the servers at Mexican restaurants in Spanish but I'm always too timid.

50 - I am beginning to think that I mumble horribly and I need some practice in diction. Like Evangeline on Nanny McPhee. (Yes, I love children's movies. That's a bonus one for you tonight.)

3 comments:

JD @ run-thru-life.blogspot.com said...

I skipped the dentist while in college as well. There was something about never really being Home, if you know what I mean. I am paying the price now...so go, or you will regret it later. This is sage wisdom from someone all of 27 years old....

Anonymous said...

#45--move a few more times. You'll be ready to 86 those textbooks sooner than you think. Everyone thinks that. No one EVER does. Trust me. Take them to a bookstore NOW while they're still current or sell them online and use the $ to do something fun. Perhaps donate to someone who's walking 60 miles....

Sorry couldn't resist that.

How was Easter?
KB

Mia said...

i haven't been to the dentist since i got my braces off. :/ eek.

you speak spanish wonderfully, you should not be afraid. but then again, i always get terrified to sign when I meet deaf people so i'm not one to talk.