Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Today continued

The sky was angry when I left work. Spitting rain and glowering at me with menacing storm clouds.

I glowered right back. I was angry, too. Downright pissy is more like it.

Anger and fear are emotional twins.* It seems that when I'm not feeling one, the other is there to step up to the plate.

Somewhere between my comfort food-laden dinner and talking with an old friend (he really is an old friend... the longest friendship I've ever had, actually) my pissy mood lightened. And I read a post by Chelsea Talks Smack and it reminded me of the good and simple things that make your heart feel better.

I am accepting all vibes from that positive direction and banning all negative thoughts, connotations and implications from the incessant mental barrage that serves as a constant newsfeed of Megan monologue into my conscious thought life.

Yes to thunderstorms and blankets out of the dryer and Mom's snuggles and Joshua's just-out-of-the-shower-smell.

Yes to pedicures and sunshine soaking into skin and Spanish flowing off my tongue with the fluidity of water and farmer's markets and the smell of suntan lotion.

Yes to meditation and peace and hope and love and gentleness and encouragement and perseverance and eternity and truth and light and nourishment and living water and quenched thirst and satisfaction and joy and strength and energy and patience and wisdom and glory.

Yes to relationships and intrinsic social needs and emotional health and a centered being and big ideas and bigger dreams and freedom.

Yes, yes, yes. Let it be.

Ciao, bella.

*Intelligent statements like these are rarely Megan originals. Generally they are outsourced from people like my therapist, parents or authors I have read. Credit where it's due, right?

4 comments:

JD @ run-thru-life.blogspot.com said...

This is going to sound weird, but I have a candle that is is wonderful for these kind of days. It was handmade by some store in Eureka Springs, AR, and is is the smell of sugar cookies baking. It is my soothing, make bad thoughts go away candle. I just light it, lay on the couch under a blanket and close my eyes. It ALWAYS gets better.

Becka Robinson said...

Love the *megan originals

Unknown said...

Cuando inicias a escribir tu libro.... se que eres escritora.

A Wanderer's Heart said...

jd - I have a candle at work that drives everyone crazy because it smells like cake baking. I hear people saying in the hall, "Who made cake?" or "Whose birthday is it?" It makes me happy. :) I would have one at home, but my roommate hates scents that are food-ish or really sweet. I decided to be a good roommate and take my delicious smells to work instead.

Miss Marie - If only I could claim them as my own...

Querida Arlencita - cuando vengas a CN para visitarme, entonces voy a iniciar mi libro, ok? Ahora tienes que venir... si sabes que soy escritoria, no? :) Te quiero muchisimo, mi amiguita.