Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A stolen meme

I stole this meme. But I had to do a meme. Because they are fun to do, and tonight I should do something fun because I am celebrating the victory of good triumphing over evil on Biggest Loser. Somehow along the way all the mean people in the house got lumped together on one team and they had been winning, which was killing me! Tonight, they got a big wake up call when one of their own was unexpectedly sent home. Now it's anyone's game. Ah, the wonders of reality television.

Seriously, though, one of the contestants acts in a particularly horrid manner, and I have to admit that it makes me laugh that the editors of the show chose to include some parts that depict her being utterly spiteful.

So onto the meme, stolen from Ms. Marie:

Round One

1. Who did you spend at least two hours with today?
Joshua... yay. :)

2. What do you look forward to most in the next six weeks?
Hmmm... celebrating Joshua's birthday this weekend; Heather Heather's visit; a trip home for Thanksgiving to see my family and Shell-Bell, my sister-in-love, who will be in Florida then; celebrating my two-year anniversary with Joshua by going to the new PF Chang's that's opening up down the street; Christmastime!

3. Who was the last person you called?
That would be Josh.

4. What were you doing at 12am last night?
Sleeping in my warm, snuggly bed.

5. What did you fear was going to get you as a child?
I can't remember. Guess it wasn't that scary.

6. When did you last see your mom?
In June! :( But I will see her very soon.

7. What are you wearing right now?
One of Josh's shirts and some Umbro shorts that I stole from Breanna a long time ago.

8. Where is your favorite place to be?
The right place at the right time. Otherwise, it would be impossible for me to choose.

9. Where is your least favorite place to be?
In rush hour traffic.

10. Where would you go if you could go anywhere?
I'd like to bop around Europe for awhile.

11. Where do you think you’ll be in 10 years?
I have no clue. Hopefully married and running after Jesus with reckless abandon.

12. What was the last thing that really made you laugh?
Josh doing a happy dance at the end of Biggest Loser.

13. What cities/towns/villages have you lived in?
All the places I've made my home...
. Tampa, FL .
. Wilmore, KY .
. Burgin, KY .
. Dade City, FL .
. Fort Pierce, FL .
. Orlando, FL .
. Fort Lauderdale, FL .
. Corinto, Nicaragua .
. Asheville, NC .

14. Are you a social person?
With close friends, yes. I don't do well with large groups of strangers, and even with my closest friends I still need alone time.

15. What do you like about winter?
. snow .
. hot beverages like apple cider and hot chocolate .
. winter wear .
. snowflakes on windowpanes .
. Christmas lights .
. breath that comes out in puffs of frost .
. carols, ornament-laden trees, and presents .
. using my electric blanket .
. pink sunrises reflecting on snow-covered mountain peaks .
. frozen ponds .
. made-for-television holiday movies .
. shopping at the mall .
. Pisgah National Forest covered in perfect white snow and icecicles .
. and much more .

Round Two -
Unconscious Mutterings:

I say … and you think … ?

Coverage :: news - thank God the election is over
Cynical :: most of the population
Gust :: of wind - soon it will be icy cold wind
Improvised :: Heather Heather and her amazing comedy skills
V :: Victoria's Secret - duh!
Guests :: The Red Rocker Inn in Black Mountain... it's a bed and breakfast and wonderful!
Brutal :: reality television
Grant :: LaFever - an old friend
Pull :: the trigger - yikes!
Streaming :: raindrops down my windowpane - it was more of something that I saw in my mind's eye rather than words I thought

Alright, I'm calling it a night. 'Till tomorrow, taters.

8 comments:

Mrs. LC said...

I just did the same meme. :) And I really wish it snowed in Florida! I know most people would think I'm crazy, but I miss snow and would love to visit places this winter while it's snowing. :)

And I saw your comment about living in KY - that's so cool! KY is such a beautiful state (and it snows there! haha I may be obsessed...)

Unknown said...

I'm going to steal this...

generic Brand said...

Why is there spitefulness on this show? I thought everyone was on there because they were fat and wanted to lose weight. Maybe years of being overweight tormented them and now they have the opportunity to take it out on (slightly) fatter people.

A Wanderer's Heart said...

mrs. lc - did you once live in KY, too?

hottie - can't wait to see you!

aaron - because there is money involved... the biggest loser gets a LOT of money... and we all know what the root of all evil is.

Studio222 Photography said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becka Robinson said...

I'm commenting to tell you I'm going to stop commenting on your blog if you just steal all my memes and never leave me comments. jerk.

:)

zhaunie said...

"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." NIV - emphasis added.

More recent translations are better. People have studied the languages more. The King James version had its use, but no one speaks Elizabethan English anymore, and newer translations are more accurate.

Money causes good things to happen too - like awesome films getting translated into other languages, for instance.

Brittney said...

so i guess reading these things and then taking them for your own and answering the questions is what it's all about so.......yea thanks for the post