Sunday, December 7, 2008

Somehow yesterday slipped past me

Isn't it interesting how life just kind of slips through your fingertips like sand?
I think there is something to be said for intentionality.

I generally think I'm a person who doesn't watch that much television, but I wonder how many hours a week I really spend sitting in front of a box.
I wonder if I didn't watch any television or movies how my life would change.
Why is it that we are so engrossed by what we watch?
That has to say something about how we're made and what we long for.

2008 is almost over.
Have you ever considered how many more years this planet will exist?
How long the United States of America will exist as a nation?

I think so narrowly, confined to this itty bitty box when reality is SO MUCH BIGGER.
I pray that I will truly learn to live as a stranger passing through... and that my eyes would be opened to the real picture.

Does anyone already have any resolutions for 2009?
I can't really decide on one. And I think I might actually like to try just one this year instead of making an infinitely long list and then being overwhelmed by all my good intentions and lack of self-discipline.

Laundry calling.

Later, taters.

2 comments:

Studio222 Photography said...

When Nate and I first moved into our condo we had no TV or internet and spent a lot of quality time together. He keeps saying how much he wants to call Brighthouse and turn it off again because he misses how much fun it was without it.

We may do it. Haven't decided yet.

Anonymous said...

i relate to this post and to your "currently's"

it should be more shocking than it actually is just how easily days can pass right by with out much to leave me wondering about...

so, what do you want to be intentional about today? tomorrow, this week?